Not your usual Caravan Farm Theatre summer show: this year we trade spectacle for intimacy with this remarkable play that has taken the world’s stages by storm since it first burst on the scene in 2017.
A child makes a list of every brilliant thing they can think of to remind their mother, who battles chronic depression, of what makes life worth living. As the child grows, so does the list, and the now grown adult takes the audience on a journey that celebrates finding joy in the mundane and being grateful for the simple pleasures all around us.
A joyful reminder of what it means to be in community, EVERY BRILLIANT THING invites the audience’s participation as the story unfolds. Whether it’s to add to the list or step in as a character, the audience becomes an integral part of the character’s journey – and a profound illustration of how necessary we are to one another.
“…one of the funniest plays you’ll ever see about depression – and possibly one of the funniest plays you’ll ever see, full stop” —THE GUARDIAN
With tour de force performances by two of our country’s most beloved performers, and live spun jazz vinyl soundtrack, EVERY BRILLIANT THING is a phenomenal theatrical experience that is not to be missed.
Starring Caravan alumni DAWN PETTEN & introducing SHELDON ELTER, who will share the role on alternating nights, and YOU, the AUDIENCE with a live DJ jazz score by BRIAN LINDS
Come early to wander the garden or take a walk through the fields. Bring a picnic. Our Bar and concession will be open early and will feature an array of the Okanagan’s finest snacks and drinks.
“Filled to the brim with joy…beautiful, heart-wrenching and very funny.” —TIME OUT LONDON
“A life-affirming gem…as profound a work as you are ever likely to experience…” —NY1
“Every Brilliant Thing is evidence, which we may need, that life matters, and that theatre matters.” —FUSE
This performance contains mature themes, and includes talk of suicide and clinical depression.
By DUNCAN MACMILLAN with JONNY DONAHOE
Directed by ESTELLE SHOOK
Starring SHELDON ELTER & DAWN PETTEN in alternating performances
With Sound Designed and mixed by BRIAN LINDS
Stage Managed by JAN HODGSON
RAIN OR SHINE
All Caravan Farm Theatre performances are held outdoors. In the event of rain the show will be relocated to our dry and covered Rain Venue, ensuring that you see the full show in comfort.
SUMMER SHOW COMFORT TIPS
- The show lasts approximately 2 hours with one 15-minute intermission.
- It cools off at night so be sure to bring warm clothes.
- We have a licensed concession with beer, wine, coffee and snacks. Bring cash!
- We have heated, wheelchair accessible washrooms.
- Mobility parking is located at the end of the parking lot closest to the box office booth and is marked with blue signs.
- Caravan Farm Theatre is located in the countryside North-West of Armstrong. Please factor this into your driving time. If you have not visited before, we recommend that you print out a map and have it with you when you drive.
- Shows will not be held for latecomers.
- Dogs are not permitted at shows. Please leave them at home rather than in your car.