Caravan Farm Theatre presents the Audio Land Walk series.
An immersive audio experience, the Land Walks offer three unique, spellbinding audio creations that lead the listener on a 45 minute walk through our 80 acres. Created by four BC based artists, each story has been purpose built to guide the listener through the land: a meditation on the natural world and an experiment in the soundscape of storytelling.
Each walk is approximately 2.5km and 40-55 minutes long. Each booking can accommodate a group of up to 6 people.
Each guest will receive a sanitized MP3 player and a sanitized pair of over-ear headphones.
Click on the titles below to learn more about the specific walks:
2021 Creators: Kenthen Thomas, Christine Quintana, rice & beans theatre (Derek Chan and Pedro Chamale)
Sound Artist: Kate De Lorme
Program Director: Jamie King
Funded in part by The Targeted Regional Tourism Development Initiative (TRTDI)
WHAT IS A LAND WALK?
A land walk is an audio-led narrative experience through our 80 acres of land. The sound will immerse you into the world of the story while you walk along the path.
HOW WILL I LISTEN TO THE SOUNDWALK?
You will be given a sanitized MP3 player with an explanation of how and when to use it. For the best experience, we suggest you use our sanitized over-ear headphones. If you would like to bring your own, they will need to have a regular audio jack, Bluetooth is not compatible.
CAN I REMOVE THE HEADPHONES WHILE ON THE WALK?
Yes – but please do not pause, restart, or skip the audio in any way. If you would like the full and immersive experience that this was created for, we recommend that you leave them in. The audio will give you directions on paths to go on and turns to make.
IS THE WALK ACCESSIBLE?
The path is not wheelchair accessible as it takes place over uneven and natural ground, if you have concerns about the accessibility of the route please don’t hesitate to call our Box Office: 250-546-8533.
ARE PETS ALLOWED?
With the exception of service animals, no pets are allowed.
RAIN OR SHINE
All Caravan Farm Theatre performances are held outdoors. In the event of rain the show will be relocated to our dry and covered Rain Venue, ensuring that you see the full show in comfort.
SUMMER SHOW COMFORT TIPS
- The show lasts approximately 2 hours with one 15-minute intermission.
- It cools off at night so be sure to bring warm clothes.
- We have a licensed concession with beer, wine, coffee and snacks. Bring cash!
- We have heated, wheelchair accessible washrooms.
- Mobility parking is located at the end of the parking lot closest to the box office booth and is marked with blue signs.
- Caravan Farm Theatre is located in the countryside North-West of Armstrong. Please factor this into your driving time. If you have not visited before, we recommend that you print out a map and have it with you when you drive.
- Shows will not be held for latecomers.
- Dogs are not permitted at shows. Please leave them at home rather than in your car.