THE WALK OF TERROR
Spanning fifty acres, and concluding in the great Timber Barn, the WOT features over 60 community performers, fire spinning, stilt walking wizardry of KINSHIRA, Kelowna’s Circus ensemble, and FREAK MOTIF, the Calgary based, nine piece funk band.
COME IN COSTUME! Cash prizes for first, second and third placements, as well as a People’s Choice Award. Awe and amaze our celebrity costume judges Susan Gagnon of Frugal Frocks, and Mandy Penner of The Guy Next Door. Professional photographer Zev Tiefenbach will be onsite to take you portraits.
COME HUNGRY! We will have food trucks onsite: Featuring Gord Oh’s Gourmet Grilled Cheese and Poutine, Kamui Japanese Curry, and Ogopogo Donuts, plus a bar and concession serving local fare such as hot apple cider with Okanagan Spirits Pear Brandy, Crannog Ales, as well as hot chocolate and Irish cream.
WHAT IS THE WALK OF TERROR?
Now in its 19th year, the Walk of Terror is a professionally produced, site-specific, theatrical tour de force, featuring a cast of up to one hundred community performers.
I HAVE A LARGE GROUP, CAN WE ALL WALK TOGETHER?
Groups of two or three will be permitted to walk at the same time, separated by 30 second intervals.
WHAT IF IT RAINS?
We are a hardy bunch and will go ahead with the Walk of Terror in almost all conditions, excepting a severe thunderstorm. Weather conditions are changeable, so we don’t make a call to cancel until the evening of the event. We recommend bringing an umbrella in case of light rain.
IS THE WOT ACCESSIBLE?
The path is not wheelchair accessible. Please let us know if you have any mobility challenges ahead of time by calling our Box Office and we will make sure your experience is as easy as possible.
ARE PETS ALLOWED?
With the exception of service animals, no pets are allowed.
If you have concerns or questions, please call our Box Office!
RAIN OR SHINE
All Caravan Farm Theatre performances are held outdoors. In the event of rain the show will be relocated to our dry and covered Rain Venue, ensuring that you see the full show in comfort.
WINTER SHOW COMFORT TIPS
- The Winter Sleigh Ride Show is staged outdoors and lasts about one hour, so please dress accordingly.
- Gates open 30 minutes prior to show time.
- We recommend that you bring blankets or cushions to keep you extra cosy.
- There is a cash-only concession with hot drinks and snacks.
- We have heated, wheelchair-accessible washrooms.
- Mobility parking is located at the end of the parking lot closest to the box office booth and is marked with blue signs.
- Patrons in wheelchairs must be accompanied by someone to assist them into the sleigh. Wheelchairs are not permitted on sleighs or wagons.
- Dogs are not permitted at shows. please leave them at home rather than in your car.
- Tickets will not be refunded or rebooked due to illness, weather or road closures.
- Caravan Farm Theatre is located in the countryside North-West of Armstrong. Please factor this into your driving time. If you have not visited before, we recommend that you print out a map (click for a Google map) and have it with you when you drive.
- Please be prepared for winter driving conditions and allow extra driving time for winter conditions, as shows will not be held for latecomers.